Managing Partner, HEOR Consulting
Norstella unites five market-leading companies with a shared goal of improving patients’ access to life saving therapies. Each organization (Citeline, Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo, & The Dedham Group) delivers vital insights for critical clinical and commercial decision-making. Together, we help our clients:
Accelerate the drug development cycle
Optimize pipeline portfolios
Identify and reduce barriers to patient access
Transform data-driven decision-making
Drive adoption of innovative therapies
By combining the efforts of each organization, we offer a breadth of expertise, cutting-edge data solutions and expert advisory services alongside advanced technologies, real-world data, machine learning and predictive analytics.
About The Position
We are currently seeking an inspiring, people-centric, passionate leader to launch Norstella’s consulting practice focused on real-world evidence generation. This senior leadership role will specialize in providing strategic and operational guidance to our clients, spanning from large pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, to emerging biotechs, contract research organizations (CROs) and consultancies, and other supply-to-Pharma entities.
This role requires a combination of business acumen and leadership skills to effectively manage and grow the consulting practice, as well as deep experience in areas to grow practice offerings, including:
- Full-service management of real-world database studies for publication
- RWD strategic planning for RWE
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Safety
- Scientific value dossiers and messaging for payors, regulatory agencies, HTAs, and other stakeholders of RWE
- Generating robust evidence for decisions such as those involving formularies, value-based agreements, IND applications, clinical guidelines, and trial optimization
This position offers candidates the opportunity to launch a consulting practice inside one of the largest life sciences data and technology organizations in the world. Norstella is a $5B+ global organization with over 3,000 clients, supported by expertise from premier private equity companies including Warburg Pincus and WCAS.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute the firm's strategic vision, mission, and goals. Identify growth opportunities and assess market trends across the continuum of industry RWE needs
- Client Engagement: Build and maintain strong client relationships, understanding their needs and providing solutions to meet their objectives. Collaborate with clients to design and implement research projects.
- Project Oversight: Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of projects, ensuring quality and timeliness. Manage project teams and allocate resources effectively.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and develop a team of scientific consultants with skillsets matching industry needs and trends. Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Business Development: Identify and pursue new business opportunities, including the acquisition of new clients and the expansion of services with existing clients.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated on healthcare regulations and industry guidelines to ensure that the firm's work is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Networking and Industry Involvement: Actively participate in industry conferences, events, and professional organizations to build the firm's reputation and stay informed about industry developments.
- Data Expertise: Quickly develop a point of view on how to leverage Norstella’s existing data assets and partnerships for industry’s RWE needs. Provide perspective on additional data needs for revenue generating opportunities.
- Ph.D. or Master's degree in a related field such as Health Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or a similar healthcare-focused scientific discipline
- Extensive experience consulting in HEOR, epidemiology, or a related field, with a proven track record in managing teams, client relationships, complex projects and dissemination of results
- Deep knowledge of RWD sources and RWE study design
- Leadership and team management experience
- Demonstrated ability to uncover opportunities for RWE generation and consulting and create repeatable packages
- Stellar communication & relationship management skills that foster trust and lasting client partnerships with the ability to demonstrate empathy and confidence in interactions with clients
- Collaborative team player who is driven to win as part of a team and capable of managing fast paced activities while remaining optimistic
- Data-driven communicator and ability to synthesize issues quickly and with confidence
- Operates with a sense of urgency and thrives on winning through continuous improvement
- Operates with a high level of ethics and communicates with honesty and transparency
- The ability to consume new learnings, conceptualize and iterate behavior quickly
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $200,000 to $300,000 plus commissions. It is not typical to be offered at the top of the budget. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
Norstella is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. MMIT operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.