Why Norstella? Norstella unites market-leading companies that all have a shared goal of improving patient access. Each organization (Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo, Citeline and The Dedham Group) delivers must-have answers for critical strategic and commercial decision-making.
Together, we help our clients:
- Assess the market need and competitive landscape
- Know precisely which drugs to prioritize in their portfolios
- Find out where the launch difficulties will be—before they’re difficulties
- Track and improve market access post-launch
By combining the efforts of each organization under Norstella, we can offer an even wider breadth of expertise, cutting-edge data solutions and expert advisory services alongside advanced technologies such as real-world data, machine learning and predictive analytics. At Norstella, we don’t just deliver information and insights. We deliver answers you can act on.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven, and passionate about site reliability to empower users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. If you join the Citeline CloudOps team, your mission will be to help us build and operate our site reliability program. You will have the exciting opportunity to work with our developers, engineers, and product to create low-friction, high-impact solutions that maximize observability, automated solutions, and SLO driven results to our company, customers, and partners.
- This is a hands-on technical position, with a mixture of architecture, design, implementation, and operations responsibilities
- Gather and analyze metrics from operating systems as well as applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service-level objectives
- Translate business needs into observability and SLO requirements and communicate gaps to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to technologists
- Subject matter expertise on observability toolsets and systems engineering to product and development teams
- Create alert plans and escalation procedures and standards as a part of the larger observability and response policy framework
- Implement observability to rapidly detect and respond to platform incidents; participate as needed in platform incidents
- Stay current with industry best practices in cloud observability and the evolving threat landscape; implement and update cloud security capabilities accordingly
- Analyze, design, develop, and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities
- Lead and participate in large cross-functional projects
- Create and maintain thorough technical documentation and runbooks
- 7+ years of site reliability engineering experience with deep expertise in Azure and AWS
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and design principles
- Solid grasp of full-stack engineering: front-end/backend, API and service architecture design, web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Knowledge in authentication and authorization standards including OAuth, SAML, etc
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code and experience with Terraform
- Experience deploying and observing containers and Kubernetes
- Ability to write reliable Python software
- Experience with DevOps and automation mindset and tools required (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc)
- Experience in Linux and Windows administration
- Proven track record for delivering results while developing and maintaining professional work relationships
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and promote ideas at various levels of the organization
- Strong self-directed work habits exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, professionalism and the ability to autonomously manage multiple concurrent projects
- Advanced analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to translate security objectives into technical requirements
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders
- Ability to see patterns, commonalities and investigate complex issues
- Excellent judgement in prioritizing observability efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
- Medical and prescription drug benefits
- Health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts
- Dental plans and vision benefits
- Basic life and AD&D Benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $150,000 to $165,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Norstella is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. Norstella operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.