Commercial Operations Manager
Company Description- Why Norstella? Norstella unites market-leading companies that all have a shared goal of improving patient access. Each organization (Evaluate, Citeline, MMIT, Panalgo, The Dedham Group) delivers must-have answers for critical strategic and commercial decision-making.
Together, we help our clients:
- Assess the market need and competitive landscape.
- Know precisely which drugs to prioritize in their portfolios.
- Find out where the launch difficulties will be—before they’re difficulties.
- Track and improve market access post-launch.
By combining the efforts of each organization under Norstella, we can offer an even wider breadth of expertise, cutting-edge data solutions and expert advisory services alongside advanced technologies such as real-world data, machine learning and predictive analytics. At Norstella, we don’t just deliver information and insights. We deliver answers you can act on.
As a Commercial Operation Manager, you will support the Sr. Director of Sales Strategy and Execution and the Sales Leadership team in turning data into actionable insights, lead internal sales processes and operational activities to maximize the sales leaders time in the field, and support revenue growth and development for the sales team. As an advisor to the Sr. Sales Strategy and Execution Director, you will cover core areas such as reporting on sales performance and trends, support accurate forecasting and work cross-functionally across the organization on initiatives to increase sales productivity and core efforts in territory, sales targets, and annual planning.
This strategic role will support the business and go to market strategy for MMIT and its parent company.
- Partner with Sr. Director of Sales Strategy & Execution and sales leaders to be responsible for day-to-day operational cadence of the business.
- Support Sr. Director of Sales Strategy and Execution on major initiatives and working closely with cross-functional teams to coordinate effective deployment of resources, impactful programs and processes/tools that remove friction in the sales process.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and work closely with sales and other management to inspect process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Manage sales pipeline and forecasting process, working to ensure forecast accuracy and overall pipeline health.
Planning and Analysis
- Responsible for the accuracy of the booking’s reconciliation and monthly reporting to Sales Leadership and Compensation Teams.
- Support the monthly and quarterly reporting of BU performance for board review decks.
- Responsible for the analysis, tracking, and reporting of business performance/user metrics KPIs.
- Analyze and manage financial performance against annual plan.
- Drive and support planning efforts covering sales bottoms up analysis, quota setting, team structure and territory assignment.
- Manage and maintain the Salesforce dashboards for Sales Leaders that focus on improving efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Support Sales Reps as needed with reporting or dashboard creation that will help them track their business and increase productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure proper Core Accounts program management, processes, metrics, and policies.
Accountability and Enablement
- Educate on effective use of sales tools and process changes. Driving adoption and supporting change management.
- Support Quarterly Business Reviews and Whitespace Reviews by coordinating reporting and analysis for Sales Leadership.
- Analyze activity level and pipeline metrics to ensure appropriate focus on strategic solutions initiatives. (e.g., Better Together, Consulting initiatives)
- Monitor Salesforce system adoption, data integrity, compliance, and governance.
- Experience in SaaS supporting sales organization.
- Experience supporting sales leadership and operations in all aspects of pipeline management, opportunity management, annual planning activities, sales team performance and revenue metrics.
- Strong relationship skills and the ability to influence peers to achieve desire results.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate meetings/conversations.
- Strong collaboration skills including listening and facilitation skills with the ability to work with various functional teams.
- Continuous improvement and problem-solving mindset. Data driven and analytical with strong biased towards action.
- Learning agility. Strong analytical and diagnostics skills dealing with opportunities and issues. Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- SFDC experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools
- Microsoft Excel acumen preferred.
- Basic Tableu knowledge desired.
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
Employee experience is very important to us. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic Life and Personal Accident Insurance, Basic Disability Insurance, Voluntary Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Open Vacation Policy
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $85,000-$105,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
MMIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.