Director, Strategy (Skipta)
Norstella unites market-leading companies that all have a shared goal of improving patient access. Each organization (Citeline, Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo, The Dedham Group) delivers must-have answers for critical strategic and commercial decision-making.
Together, we help our clients:
• Assess the market need and competitive landscape
• Know precisely which drugs to prioritize in their portfolios
• Find out where the launch difficulties will be—before they’re difficulties
• Track and improve market access post-launch
By combining the efforts of each organization under Norstella, we can offer an even wider breadth of expertise, cutting-edge data solutions and expert advisory services alongside advanced technologies such as real-world data, machine learning and predictive analytics. At Norstella, we don’t just deliver information and insights. We deliver answers you can act on.
Skipta, part of Norstella, fosters communication and collaboration among like-minded healthcare professionals. We manage a network with reach to over 800,000 healthcare professionals across 40+ specialty/disease-specific social communities. We are growing rapidly and acquiring the top talent needed to achieve our near- and long-term objectives.
Skipta employs strategic and creative thinkers who are committed to each other and the overall mission of improving patient care by enabling the focused and specialized collaboration of healthcare professionals.
About the role:
The Director, Strategy works within the Analytics team at Skipta and will play an important role in the acquisition, retention, evaluation and management of Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences and Media Agency client partnerships.
The Director, Strategy should have strong analytical skills and understand how to utilize quantitative and qualitative data to create insights that demonstrate the value of Skipta’s promotional and educational campaigns to Skipta clients. This individual will work directly with analysts and internal teams to gather insights, develop and review internal and client-facing performance reports.
• Lead client campaign performance report curation and delivery with a focus on key accounts
• Lead internal and client-facing projects and provide guidance to team analysts
• Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis and internal peer review (ex., HCP commentary and quiz/survey results)
• Assist Sales and Delivery teams in campaign scoping to maximize achievement of client goals
• Assist Sales team in reviewing metrics/benchmarks to support client acquisition, retention and growth.
• Work cross-functionally with team leads (Technology, Delivery, Account Management, and Sales) to identify and fulfill Analytics and performance reporting needs
• Ensure Skipta has the necessary data and reporting tools/processes for ongoing daily operations, client acquisition, client retention, and strategic planning
• Discover new opportunities to improve the business and help internal and client stakeholders make more informed business decisions
• And other duties as assigned
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
The skills you bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Statistics, Information Technology, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Marketing Analytics
• Must possess strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Must possess excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
• 5+ years’ experience in Sales, Sales support or Strategy
• 5+ years’ experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
• 5+ years’ experience with PowerPoint or comparable presentation tools
• 5+ years’ experience with online marketing and marketing analytics
• Experience and comfort presenting performance reports to clients
• Experience developing solutions to satisfy clients’ needs and solve problems
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry and experience in healthcare marketing, specifically Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences product promotion or medical education distribution to healthcare providers or patients
• Experience analyzing and reporting impact of promotional and educational initiatives on KPIs including prescription lift and ROI
• Experience working directly with Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences companies to execute promotional or educational campaigns
• Experience working with healthcare media agencies (ex., CMI, PHM, Publicis, Havas, Heartbeat, etc.) in support of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences product marketing or educational campaigns
• Results-driven, able to self-direct and work independently in a virtual work environment
• Flexible and able to easily adapt to rapidly changing priorities and responsibilities
• Ability to understand and set priorities, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and design work plans to track progress, resolve issues, and efficiently and effectively see tasks to completion
Bonus points if you have experience in:
• Master’s degree or additional credentials in related analytics, statistics strategy or marketing fields
• Extensive experience with Google Analytics
• Competency in SQL programming language may be beneficial
• Experience working with web analytics, e-mail analytics, social media engagement tracking, web/mobile tagging software applications and data ETL tools; ex. Alteryx, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Doubleclick for Publisher
Travel: Periodic (at most monthly)
Location: Remote Benefits:
Employee experience is very important to us. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic Life and Personal Accident Insurance, Basic Disability Insurance, Voluntary Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 10 Company Holidays, 15 Vacation Days, 2 Floating Holidays, Birthday Day and 4 Volunteer Days
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $130,000 to $150,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
MMIT is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. MMIT operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.